DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER
The information contained on this web site is intended solely for the use of the reader. It is not intended as a substitute for medical care by an individual's own health care provider. Persons accessing this information assume full responsibility for its use and acknowledge that the author/owner of this blog/website is neither responsible nor liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use of this information. Consult your healthcare provider for advice relating to medical conditions, procedures and weight loss programs.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Beating the Diet Soda Addiction

For me to stop drinking diet soda was a huge deal.  The thought of not having a Coke Zero to start my day with made be sick to my stomach.  On January 1, 2013 I finally took the first step.  I allowed myself to have two 20 ounce bottles a day and I had to drink them before noon.  After that I told myself I would only have water or a flavored water drink.  Did this go as I thought it would.  OMG no it did not.  I was okay without the two bottles before noon but I really did not want to drink water.  It had no taste.  I tried putting lemon and limes in the water but no help.  I tried those powder water flavoring things.  I really didn't like them they were to strong and left the water gritty.
Luckily for my soda addiction I got a terrible stomach flue in Feb and could not eat or drink for several days.  This helped me kick the need for the Coke Zero caffeine in the morning.  After that I was good with a sugar free green tea in the morning.
Thank fully I discovered the new liquid water flavor enhancers by DaSani and Crystal Light.  These have been my saving grace.  I think the thing I miss the most is the flavor of the sodas.  Yes I miss the fizz but drinking just plain water was hard.  I like the liquid drops because it's easier to control how much flavor you put in the water and you don't get the gritty taste like you do with the powders.  You just have to watch which brand you get as some of them have a lot of energy enhancers in them like caffeine.

I'm 45 days Soda Free today.......

1 comment: