DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER
The information contained on this web site is intended solely for the use of the reader. It is not intended as a substitute for medical care by an individual's own health care provider. Persons accessing this information assume full responsibility for its use and acknowledge that the author/owner of this blog/website is neither responsible nor liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use of this information. Consult your healthcare provider for advice relating to medical conditions, procedures and weight loss programs.

Thursday, March 28, 2013

A word about Vitamins etc.

One of the most important life changes I had to address was starting to take vitamins and other supplements.  My labs came back and my Vitamin D levels were very low so I added a Vitamin D supplement to my daily pill cache.
I also needed to add a multi vitamin and a Vitamin B12 supplement before I have surgery.
Being a nurse I know that taking just a multi vitamin is not going to do much for me.  The majority of the vitamins in a multi-vit are excreted in your urine.  So what was the point in taking something I was not going to get much out of.
So I consulted my friend and started taking Juice Plus:
https://www.juiceplus.com/nsa/content/Welcome.soa?gpkw=juice%20plus%20%28e%29&ch=gppc&ca=JP.com%20-%20Brand&v=Brand%20-%20General&gclid=CN_TmsedoLYCFSRxQgodf2EAyg

I know this product works as I used their complete protein powder drinks when I was following a vegetarian diet.  This time I added their Garden blend and Orchard Blend adult gummies to my diet.

I'm very glad that I did this.  Since I started taking the juice plus garden and orchard blends daily I feel better.  I have also noted that the two head colds I have gotten since Dec 2012(my start month) that the colds have been less severe and they did not move in to my lungs (as they usually do)  I also only missed half a day work for each cold.  This is unusual for me. In the past when I would get a cold it would last for 3 to 4 weeks and I usually ended up with PNA.  However with the Juice plus+ that has not happened.  It's not a treatment or a cure but what it does is support your body by providing all the nutrients you need that you don't get every day. I also have started using the complete protein shakes to replace my breakfast meal.

The important thing about Juice Plus+ is that it's not a multi vitamin. Juice Plus+ is whole food based nutrition, including juice powder concentrates from 17 different fruits, vegetables and grains.
I still have to take a vitamin D supplement since my levels were so low and I have had to add a sub- lingual B-12 supplement this will allow me to build up a store of B-12 in my body for after surgery needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment