DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER
The information contained on this web site is intended solely for the use of the reader. It is not intended as a substitute for medical care by an individual's own health care provider. Persons accessing this information assume full responsibility for its use and acknowledge that the author/owner of this blog/website is neither responsible nor liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use of this information. Consult your healthcare provider for advice relating to medical conditions, procedures and weight loss programs.

Friday, July 12, 2013

An exciting moment..

So today during a meeting at work I leaned back in my chair and crossed my leg at the knee level.  It took a few minutes to sink in but I was so amazed.  I have not been able to sit with my legs crossed in years.  I was so taken back that I forgot I was in a meeting.
I know that I've dropped 60+ pounds but I don't think it really hit until today.  Yesterday I realized that the pants I had on were way to big.  I of course did not notice until half way thru the work day.  I added them to the donate pile when I got home.  Even though I have not lost any weight for two weeks I have dropped several inches just in the last week.  On Monday I wore a pair of hospital scrubs to work and I washed them Wednesday and wore them again today.  They were very loose and I had trouble keeping them tied tight enough to stay up.  I didn't have that issue on Monday when I wore them.

I understand that I will always have a body image issue.  You can not weigh over 300lbs for most of your life and not have one.  But little things like being able to cross you legs and walking up a flight of stairs really make you realize how much in life you have missed.  I see my co-workers who have had this surgery and you can tell they are loosing weight.  However when I look at myself I feel like I haven't lost as much.  But in reality I have. 

No comments:

Post a Comment