DISCLAIMER

DISCLAIMER
The information contained on this web site is intended solely for the use of the reader. It is not intended as a substitute for medical care by an individual's own health care provider. Persons accessing this information assume full responsibility for its use and acknowledge that the author/owner of this blog/website is neither responsible nor liable for any claim, loss or damage arising from the use of this information. Consult your healthcare provider for advice relating to medical conditions, procedures and weight loss programs.

Friday, May 24, 2013

May 24, 2013 My first week back to work

Well, I managed to survive the week.  Although it was questionable on Tuesday.  I learned about dehydration and how quickly that can happen now.  On Monday I was busy on my first day back and did not keep track of how much water I had.  In the afternoon I had to travel to another hospital across town and it was over 100 degrees outside.  By the time I got home that night I was weak and my legs felt like rubber.  I figured it was just fatigue.  However I felt even worse in the morning but forced myself to go to work.  I had to come around noon and I barely made it I was so weak.  I figured out later in the day that I had not had enough water in the last two days.  I felt a lot better after 3 liters of water which took me several hours to get in.
Needless to say I am back to keeping track of how much water I get in a day.  I had been doing this at home but didn't do it at work.
I should have realized how easy it would be to become dehydrated especially since I live in the desert.  It just never dawned on me until it was almost to late.

No comments:

Post a Comment